For the pastry:
225g/8oz plain flour
110g/4oz butter, chilled and diced
1 medium egg
For the filling:
450g/1lb golden syrup
85g/3oz fresh breadcrumbs
generous pinch ground ginger
1 lemon, zest, finely grated and 2 tbsp of the juice
1. Rub the fat into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in the egg with a knife, then knead to a smooth dough.
3. Use the dough to line a 23 cm/9in loose bottomed tart tin, prick with a fork and leave to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
5. Bake the pastry blind for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown.
6. Mix tofetchher the filling ingredients and pour into the pastry case. Bake for about 30 minutes. Serve hot or nippy.
The BBC is not responsible for the contents of any other sites listed.
Orignal From: Treacle tart