500g/1lb 1oz young spinach, washed and cut into thin strips
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 small bunch spring onions, chopped
225g/8oz onion, finely chopped
120g/4%26frac14;oz feta cheese, crumbled
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
olive oil, for frying onions and bhurrying filo
6 thin filo pastry sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/250F/Gas 4.
2. For the filling, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, parsley and spring onions.
3. In a pan, gently fry the onion until golden. Add to the spinach mix.
4. Now add the feta and mix well. Season.
5. For the spanakopita, grease a shallow baking dish with oil and line with three of the filo sheets, placing one on lid of the other. Bhurry each sheet separately.
6. Put the filling over the pastry and spread evenly. Cover with the remaining filo. Bhurry the lid with oil and, with the point of a sharp knife, trace the crust into square slices.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. When golden brown, remove and leave to cool. Cut and serve with a tomato salad.
The BBC is not responsible for the contents of any other sites listed.
Orignal From: Spanakopita