55g/2oz demerara sugar
55g/2oz long grain rice
10 tea bags - torn open and the bags disvehicleded
4 salmon fillets - skin on
freshly ground black pepper
450g/1lb new potatoes
101g/4oz wild rocket
freshly chopped parsley to serve
55g/2oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Put the sugar, rice and tea-leaves into a bowl and mix tofetchher. Line a deep roasting tray with silver foil and pour in the
2. Cover with another layer of foil and then place onto the stove-lid to heat up. Then once smoking a little, add the salmon on lid of the tin foil.
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil, making sure the fish sits in the tin foil and doesn't leak out underneath.
4. Season with salt and pepper before covering with a tight fitting lid or tin foil and leave to
smoke on the stove-lid on a moderate heat for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the salmon is cooking, wash and boil the new potatoes in plenty of salted boiling water for between 12-15 minutes, depending on size, until cooked.
6. The salad place the rocket in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season and mix.
7. To serve, drain and place the hot new potatoes in a bowl with a little freshly chopped parsley.
8. Finish the salad with the
grated parmesan and place on the plate with the hot smoked salmon on the side.
NB: Tea-smoking generates a lot of smoke. Be sure that you open the windows and fetch as much ventilation as you can.
The BBC is not responsible for the contents of any other sites listed.
Orignal From: Hot tea smoked salmon with new potatoes and rocket