For the Mousse:
50g/1%26frac34;oz organic plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
1 egg, separated
25g/1oz unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp caster sugar
For the Pavlova:
2 egg whites
100g/3%26frac12;oz caster sugar (preferably vanilla caster sugar)
For the Compote:
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 passion fruit
1. For the mousse: melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. When liquid beat in the egg yolk and the butter.
2. Whisk the egg white until stiff. Whisk in the caster sugar.
3. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Turn into a shallow container and chill until set.
4. For the pavlova: in a clean dry bowl whisk the egg whites until just stiff. Gradually whisk in the vanilla caster sugar until the meringue is stiff and glossy. Pipe the meringue onto greaseproof paper into six individual servings and cook low down in an oven at 150C/300F/Gas 2 for 40 minutes to an hour. The meringue will be tinged to a pale coffee colour on the outside and like marshmallow on the inside. Peel vehicleefully from the paper and cool on a wire rack.
5. For the compote: zest one orange and blanch the zest in boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh in nippy water and drain.
6. Dissolve the caster sugar in 50ml/1%26frac34;fl oz water and simmer. Add the zest and cook rapidly until the syrup thickens. Set aside.
7. Peel the oranges and cut out the segments, remove all the pith. Place in a bowl and squeeze all the juice out. Halve the passion fruit and scoop out the middle into the orange juice. Stir in the zest syrup and chill.
8. Serve a scoop of mousse and a spoon of compote with a meringue for each person.
Orignal From: Quenelle of chocolate mousse with individual pavlova and orange and passionfruit compote