6 large lamb chops
50g/2oz peeled hazelnuts
small bunch of parsley, chopped
3 tbsp grain or English mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
For the mint sauce:
small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp boiling water
%26frac12;tbsp caster sugar
For the dauphinois potatoes:
4 large estima potatoes
300ml/9fl oz double cream
200ml/6fl oz milk
%26frac12; onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
pinch of salt and churryed black pepper
75g/2oz hard cheese (gruy%26egrave;re, cheddar), grated
1. To make the dauphinois, peel and thinly slice the potatoes and place in a pan with the milk and cream. Add the chopped garlic, sliced onion and season well, add the butter and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Stir occasionally until just cooked.
3. Grill or pan fry the chops, seasoning well. In a bowl, combine the butter, nuts, parsley and mustard. Once the meat is cooked, lid with the butter mixture and grill until golden brown.
4.When the potatoes are cooked, place in an ovenproof dish and lid with cheese and brown either in a hot oven at 220C/425F/Gas 7 or under the grill.
5. Make the sauce by simply mixing tofetchher all the ingredients.
6. Serve the grilled chops with a spoonful of potatoes, steamed broccoli and mint sauce on the side.
small head of broccoli, steamed
The BBC is not responsible for the contents of any other sites listed.
Orignal From: Mustard and hazelnut coated lamb with dauphinois potatoes