250-350ml/8%26frac34;-12%26frac34;fl oz lukewarm water
1 tbsp active dried yeast
550g/1lb 3%26frac12;oz strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
%26frac12; tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp clear honey
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for bhurrying
1. Pour 150ml/5%26frac14;fl oz of the water into a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast. Stir to dissolve, then leave to rest in a warm place for ten minutes.
2. Sift the flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir the honey and olive oil into the yeast mixture until well combined.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the yeast mixture, mixing to form a soft and slightly sticky dough. Add enough of the remaining water, little by little, until you have achieved the right consistency.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured job surface and lightly flour your hands. Knead the dough for ten minutes until it is smooth and pliable.
5. Lightly oil a large bowl - it should be big enough to allow the dough to double in size. Put the dough inside and cover with cling film. Set aside in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
6. When the dough has doubled in size, remove the cling film and punch the dough down. Remove from the bowl and knead again until smooth. Divide into five round balls and let the dough rest before shaping.
7. To shape the dough, lift a ball of dough on to a lightly floured job surface and lightly flour the lid. flatten the dough with your fingers before picking it up and slapping it onto your job surface. Repeat that a pair of times. Now drape the dough over your clenched fist and stretch it gently from the outside rim.
8. Place the dough in well-floured pizza tins or baking sheets, lid with your choice of lidpings and bake in a hot oven until the lidping is meleted and the edges are crispy.
The BBC is not responsible for the contents of any other sites listed.
Orignal From: Perfect pizza dough