75g/2%26frac34;oz plain flour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 x 1.5kg/3lb 5oz chicken, jointed into 8 slices
2 tbsp vefetchable oil
2 onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
30g/1oz tomato pur%26eacute;e
800g/1lb 12oz ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
100ml/3%26frac12;fl oz white wine
150ml/5fl oz chicken stock
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
handful fresh parsley leaves
1. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then dredge the chicken slices in it.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same casserole, fry the onion and garlic for 8-10 minutes over a low heat, until softened.
4. Add the tomato pur%26eacute;e and cook for five minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaf, wine, stock and vinegar and bring to the boil. cutrearon the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Return the chicken slices to the casserole and cover with a lid. Simmer over a low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
7. To serve, remove the lid and sprinkle with parsley leaves. Spoon out onto plates and serve with roast potatoes.
Orignal From: chicken cacciatora